Mediation for California Divorces
Torrance Divorce Lawyers with More Than 50 Years of Combined Experience
Divorce mediation is a way to help you and your spouse come to an agreement on the terms of your marriage dissolution while avoiding unnecessary conflict or litigation. By using mediation, you are also able to maintain greater control over the outcome, because the only people involved in the decision making process will be those affected by the results without the control of any outside party such as an arbitrator or judge.
Working with a competent Torrance divorce lawyer may allow you and your spouse to save time and money by avoiding the financially and emotionally wearisome litigation process. This may be the best option for you if you have certain disagreements regarding your divorce terms but wish to come to an agreeable mutual resolution. Through the mediation process, you can communicate effectively with your spouse by taking specific steps toward a settlement. An impartial third party will serve as a mediator during this process. There are a number of benefits to mediation. For example:
- The mediation process is usually faster and more straightforward than a court trial
- This option offers you the chance to discuss your differences with your spouse before making a final decision
- You can speak directly with one another rather than through your divorce attorneys, allowing your attorney to instead play a role in advising you and ensuring that you understand the applicable laws in place to protect your interests
- You have the opportunity to agree to a trial period in which you can test the terms of your agreement before your divorce is finalized
- You will have several appointments in which to consider the options you and your spouse have discussed
- Mediation is almost always less expensive than litigation
- You will be able to avoid the stress of a court trial
- The final decision rests with you and your spouse and not with a judge
Do you have questions about mediation? Call our South Bay law firm today!
No matter how difficult your marriage dissolution is or how impossible it may seem to come to agreement on terms such as child support or property division, we can help you resolve your divorce out of court via mediation. This process allows you to save time, money, and the emotional fatigue that so often accompanies litigation. Our lawyers are understanding, compassionate, and dedicated to the best interests of our clients. With our team on your side, you don't have to feel alone: We will be with you every step of the way. Call Patricia Barberis, A Law Corporation today.